It’s been a long time since my last tag in this challenge, but hey, love it! Thank you Joanna Malefaki and Maria Theologidou for this new round in sharing 11 random things🙂
I’ve decided not to come up with 11 new questions or tag anyone; instead, I’ll invite anyone who wishes to join to share 11 things that make them happy every day🙂
Even though it took some time to actually sit and do this (life has a unique way of getting in between the things you want and the things you have to do), here goes:
1. How do you spend your free time?
Isn’t free time a weird concept? I guess the short or long walks around the city, the quiet Sundays with a book, blog reading and coffee and the impromptu meetings with dear friends in all the chaos are my favourite ways of spending time not dedicated to the have to’s.
2. What’s your favourite song?
Impossible to answer this! Every song carries a moment, a feeling, a thought and a truth🙂
Three songs always make it to the playlist and my mind, each for a different reason:
“Handbags and Gladrags” – Stereophonics
“Some lessons” – by Melody Gardot
“Get behind the mule” – by Hope Waits
3. What’s your favourite food?
I’m very much a pasta girl – in any shape, form or flavour.
4. My guilty pleasure is…….. (fill in the sentence).
…persistently sitting quietly looking at the ceiling when I have a zillion things to do.
5. Share a picture. What is of (inspired by Clare)?
My first step in the sea this year – nothing like being in the salt and air🙂
6. If you could go anywhere in the world to teach, where would you go and why?
That would be wherever I could share and learn, so I suppose anywhere would do. Can’t say I have a favourite place in mind.
7. What’s your top tip for new teachers?
Learn to listen, to feel, to trust and work on your abilities and keep moving forward.
8. What’s your top tip for teachers who feel burnt out?
Take a step back and stand still. Breathe. Think where you want to be. Make this sequence a habit.
9. If I wasn’t an English teacher , I would be a/ an…….
I just don’t know. We all are many different things apart from teachers, but what has always defined me has been the potential of sharing. From the various faces of an educator, I’d choose the crafty, maker one and always explore this aspect, further and further.
10. What’s the funniest thing that has happened during a lesson?
Slipping while walking around. I don’t know who to blame, the cleaner or my own imbalance – still, it’s by far the funniest random thing!
11. Describe a typical work day.
Waking at 6:45 or so and enjoying my double Greek coffee, my crossword and the silence. Writing in my journal for some (highly debatable, depending on the day) time . Cooking, housework and dealing with home needs for the day. Spend an hour exploring news around the world, gathering ideas and preparing internally for the day’s lessons. Teaching and learning from 10:00 until 22:00, with intervals of connecting with friends. Some more journaling, and lots, lots of quiet until the next day.
- What would make you happiest on a busy work day?
A good laugh, just because.
- What is your dream holiday destination?
Um…the world? Yes, a round trip🙂
- What advice would you give to your 50-year old self?
Don’t stop being and doing, keep learning.
- Which part of the day do you like most?
Dawn, the beginning of everything.
- What’s your most/least favorite type of music?
That’s quite hard to answer – there are different kinds that perfectly accompany different moments. I’ll have to admit though that I rarely like pop or those pointlessly loud, making your ears bleed, types.
- Which is one mistake you’ve never learnt from and continue making?
Assuming – I’ve always thought that assumption kills thinking, but still make assumptions that blow right back in my face. One day, one day I’ll stop!
- If you could turn back time, which era would you like to live in and why?
Should I choose one only? Truth is, I’d like to spend time in each, from prehistoric up to now, to witness and be part of evolution in everything.
- What’s your favorite super hero and why?
Donna Troy, primarily because she kept going, returning and then going again and also for her acute healing power – totally relate to her, or perhaps I sort of see myself similar to that.
- If you could be an animal, which animal would you be and why?
A cat, no doubt about it! I might be a cat already, just lacking tail and whiskers…Why? Well, why not?
- I’m proud that I’ve …………… (complete the sentence)
…always found the way forward so far, in spite of whatever bad life has thrown at my head and because of what life has delivered to my soul.
- What is one thing you always put off doing?
Ironing! Does anyone do that happily, I wonder…