- How important is music to your life? – Vital. Right alongside breathing.
- How much time do you devote in your job? – That’s hard to tell exactly! I have at times caught myself wishing for a 30-hour day…
- Share a funny thing that happened in class. – Aaa, the children domino! Just as we were getting in the classroom, one student’s shirt got caught on the door handle, he stumbled and fell on another student who in turn fell on the next and in seconds the whole class was on the floor, laughing hysterically. I joined in after a brief moment of panic, since thankfully no one was hurt.
- What does the word “educator” mean in your opinion? – An odd person really, one who is simultaneously a parent, a favourite aunt or uncle, a friend, a trainer, a guide, an artist, a comedian and whole-package human being to their students and to the world around them.
- If you could learn anything, what would that be? – Well, Monday to Wednesday I study Turkish, Thursday and Friday I’m currently brushing up on Catalan and weekends are devoted to crafts – candle making at the moment. When I’m done (or when a couple more days are magically added to the week!) I plan to start learning Arabic. Wish me luck!
- What is your favourite movie? – I simply can’t choose one! Here are some I love and have watched repeatedly: ”The remains of a day”, ”Le notti di Cabiria” and ”Death at a funeral”.
- What do you fear the most? – Snakes and heights!
- If you could live anywhere, where would that be? – My homeland, Naxos, in the Cyclades.
- What is your favourite word? – Tatterdemalion – I’ve been in love with it ever since I read ”Ulysses”.
- What is your favourite digital app? – Pocket. It somehow manages to keep in pace with my brain functions and time schedules.
- Do you have any lucky items, objects or traditions? – The lucky charm my mum makes for me every year – can’t wait to get the new one for 2014!
11 Random facts about me:
1. I’m the proud owner of 220 (so far) literature books.
2. I never go to the cinema during winter. Films need to be appreciated, without people around you chewing, talking or asking you to move ”just a bit”.
3. I’m allergic to peaches.
4. I’m a huge fan of ” The Elder Scrolls”. I’ve played ”Morrowind” and ”Oblivion” several times, making my way through all possible characters I could imagine, but now it’s time for ”Skyrim” (that’s me lost into obscurity for a month or so). Dragonborn will have to wait.
5. I wake up at 6:45 every morning, for no apparent reason.
6. I prefer trains to buses.
7. My favourite day is Monday – I enjoy the start of a new week.
8. On Sundays I read four newspapers, a Greek, a British, an Italian and a Spanish.
9. I can’t stand the heat, I just can’t operate in high temperatures.
10. I love dictionaries.
11. Purple and black are my favourite colours.
Now my questions:
1. What’s the last thing you do before starting a lesson?
2. What’s the most difficult thing you’ve ever had to do?
3. Do you have a favourite quote? Which?
4. Which is your favourite city?
5. How do you keep up-to-date with technology?
6. Dark or white chocolate?
7. Who’s your favorite author(s)?
8. Which do you prefer, typing or handwriting? Why?
9. Have you ever tried an extreme sport?
10. What’s your first ever memory from your childhood?
11. What do you wish for 2014?
And I’m tagging:
1. Theodora Papapanagiotou
2. Eugenia Loras
3. Fabiana Casella
4. Sofia Bala
5. Nihal Yildirim
6. Roseli Serra
7. Vicky Loras
8. Evdokia Roka
9. Shelly Sanchez-Terrell
10. Christina Markoulaki
11. Sylvia Guinan